2019 / 2020 wish list

Speedkills

I would love to know. I picked up a set of Zeta handguards with led blinkers in the handguard shields, before mounting I tested them and it just happened the key was on, so I unplugged the stock blinker, plugged in the zeta, bingo, it worked, so I turned the bike off, uncounted stock units, mounted handguards, plugged everything in, turned it on....and nothing. Then I realized it had to be software. Because all problems in my life are caused by software :D I have resistors coming to see what works.

Correction, er..I thought it was software, because I'm a programmer and always look to software, plus I could have sworn I read that behavior was seen by someone else, but whatever caused me to go the wrong route in troubleshooting, for anyone else who runs into this, it was the silliest thing, the positive and negative wires to the LED were swapped. I didn't even know lights had a positive or negative, but it turns out they do. Zeta handguard lights work great now.

snydes

Staff member
I would love to know. I picked up a set of Zeta handguards with led blinkers in the handguard shields, before mounting I tested them and it just happened the key was on, so I unplugged the stock blinker, plugged in the zeta, bingo, it worked, so I turned the bike off, uncounted stock units, mounted handguards, plugged everything in, turned it on....and nothing. Then I realized it had to be software. Because all problems in my life are caused by software :D I have resistors coming to see what works.

I use those on one of my other bikes. So far they have held up well.

Rob41

Chief Engineer
Since Alta has already done an amazing job pushing the limits of current battery technology, and a new breakthrough tech likely is a long way off, I'd love to see an option for a battery that's 1.5 times the size of the current offering.

I know the MX guys wouldn't need this, but at 160lbs suited up and being someone who trail rides, I'd be happy to add a few pounds in favor of greater range.

Bigger battery on the EXR with factory LHRB and the suspension of the MX are at the top of my wish list. The last two are easy enough, but the bigger battery would be a huge deal for me.

Rob41

Chief Engineer
I like the way you think Phillip. The area under the seat may be a good place for a booster pack. An electrical connection, cooling fluid port and you're in business. They could build all EXR's with the necessary ports on the existing battery and sell the booster packs as accessories. I'd likely buy a couple booster packs. Each pack may only be good for 7-10 miles, but it could make all the difference. Those would be easy to change out.

Speedkills

I like the way you think Phillip. The area under the seat may be a good place for a booster pack. An electrical connection, cooling fluid port and you're in business. They could build all EXR's with the necessary ports on the existing battery and sell the booster packs as accessories. I'd likely buy a couple booster packs. Each pack may only be good for 7-10 miles, but it could make all the difference. Those would be easy to change out.

That area under the seat always catches my eye too, like someone could make a little container out of it somehow, keep your toolkit or a spare tube in there.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
That area under the seat always catches my eye too, like someone could make a little container out of it somehow, keep your toolkit or a spare tube in there.
Yes, I was thinking about asking one of the motorcycle luggage companies to make a soft bag that fits in that space. There are no such companies near me though, and they will need to measure a motorcycle to make it.

Someone who lives nearby should contact these motorcycle luggage manufacturers:

Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage -- Longmont, CO
Cortech -- ??
Ogio -- Carlsbad, CA
Nelson-Rigg -- Santa Ana, CA
Saddlemen -- Rancho Dominguez, CA
Tour Master -- ??

griffbl

After riding my 2019 Redshift, my list is this:
1) trip odometer....fun to use, compare range on rides via different conditions, modes, etc.
2) LED lights (anyone have any suggestions as to replacements?)
3) The tires are first rate, but I will probably use a pattern that is simply a bit less aggressive for off road use (for my style of riding).
4) programmable modes would be nice, and only something to allow Re-Gen adjusting would be acceptable
5) Of the four existing modes, I would love one that is a bit more mundane than even existing mode 1....Call it "Trials" mode. I found when negotiating the tight gnarly stuff, going slow, that the lack of a clutch, combined with sensitive throttle inputs, made me long for a throttle that took more rotation to equal less acceleration......but maybe that is just me!

I love the bike other than that. Here is a photo of me crossing Cinnamon Pass in Colorado at nearly 13k feet! No re-jetting required! :)IMG_8936.jpeg

Fod

After riding my 2019 Redshift, my list is this:
1) trip odometer....fun to use, compare range on rides via different conditions, modes, etc.
2) LED lights (anyone have any suggestions as to replacements?)
3) The tires are first rate, but I will probably use a pattern that is simply a bit less aggressive for off road use (for my style of riding).
4) programmable modes would be nice, and only something to allow Re-Gen adjusting would be acceptable
5) Of the four existing modes, I would love one that is a bit more mundane than even existing mode 1....Call it "Trials" mode. I found when negotiating the tight gnarly stuff, going slow, that the lack of a clutch, combined with sensitive throttle inputs, made me long for a throttle that took more rotation to equal less acceleration......but maybe that is just me!

I love the bike other than that. Here is a photo of me crossing Cinnamon Pass in Colorado at nearly 13k feet! No re-jetting required! :)View attachment 1003
...and Alta jacket! ;)

Fog 25

Whymee, The power lift stands are amazing 👍 No twisting of your back when lifting. After using the power lift you will be cussing anytime you have to lift your bike on a conventional stand. I actually made up a cable leash to lock it down if Iat a shady track.
Let me know if you are interested I can check on availability.

Whymee

Old and slow, but hopefull!
Whymee, The power lift stands are amazing 👍 No twisting of your back when lifting. After using the power lift you will be cussing anytime you have to lift your bike on a conventional stand. I actually made up a cable leash to lock it down if Iat a shady track.
Let me know if you are interested I can check on availability.

Dang, everybody is out of stock, even the mfg.

Sure, check your sources....

TriumphTwins

Reverse could be sweet in the trails, even if it was a slow momentary thing.

On another note I would use it to mess with guys too, :oops:. As a kid I could roll backwards forever on my Haro Freestyle BMX bike. None of the locals around here have even seen an ALTA in person yet. I would just LOVE to come rolling backwards off a trail back to the truck on an ELECTRIC MX bike!!!!! The looks I'd get would be priceless!! :ROFLMAO: