Sold 2018 MXR with 10 miles and Code 36 - eBay $1 listing, no reserve

Mark911

I'm developing a full sized electric based on the 2 stroke YZ platform. Water cooled DHX Hawk 40 motor (40-50hp), 72v Sony based water-cooled battery pack 3.9kw/hr, water-cooled Sevcon Gen 4 controller, ANT BMS. Projected weight is approximately 240 lbs. My prototype is about 70% complete at this time. If folks are willing to pay 11K for a bike with no manufacture parts or service support I'll bet they'd be willing to do the same for a bike with better performance and readily available parts and support. Of course, the "better" performance is yet to be proved . . . . . YET!

Note: More build details for my full sized and other conversions can be seen at my Instagram #maxvonauto.

My KTM 65 and 85 Conversions are doing well at the local SoCal MX tracks.

Yamaha1.png

VINSANITY

I really like your concept - as good as the Alta is it cannot be modified or upgraded as technology progresses.

Another diner bike that would make sense is the 2005 RMZ 250 - it has a steel perimeter frame so can be welded much easier than aluminum

Keep us informed as you progress this build

autohog

Wow. I hope the buyer is doing their homework.
As of Sat Oct 17 this same seller is listing a 2018 MXR with 4mi and “no error codes”. I was about to go pick it up in the morning but after seeing this post I”m reconsidering, What do you think? Is Code 36 fixable?

snydes

Staff member
As of Sat Oct 17 this same seller is listing a 2018 MXR with 4mi and “no error codes”. I was about to go pick it up in the morning but after seeing this post I”m reconsidering, What do you think? Is Code 36 fixable?
Code 36 could be a caused by a wide variety of problems, much more information on the condition of the battery would be needed to evaluate what is going on with it and what options there are to try and deal with it. There is a lot of information on this subject in the archives. This is not a DIY repair for the average joe.

Top Bottom