2017 Alta MX not charging (code 103)

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Looks like pyserial isn't installed. I may have time tomorrow to help. Send me a private message with your availability and keep in mind I'm on the west coast.

Fourth_Floor

TCMB371 is the man!! The guy took 3 hours out of his day to get this bike updated for me (that the dealer lied and said they did) and it is charging as I type this. Very thankful for this forum and for Brian to help out a complete stranger. Now the rain needs to stop!

20191027_163927.jpg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
TCMB371 is the man!! The guy took 3 hours out of his day to get this bike updated for me (that the dealer lied and said they did) and it is charging as I type this. Very thankful for this forum and for Brian to help out a complete stranger. Now the rain needs to stop!

View attachment 4015

Sweet! Glad to hear you are up and running. This is definitely a great forum.

Of course, now that you are an expert in MultiTool, and you have a working laptop, you can be the regional go-to guy and help out your local Alta brothers and sisters with their computer and firmware woes. Time to pay it forward.

Fourth_Floor

Sweet! Glad to hear you are up and running. This is definitely a great forum.

Of course, now that you are an expert in MultiTool, and you have a working laptop, you can be the regional go-to guy and help out your local Alta brothers and sisters with their computer and firmware woes. Time to pay it forward.
Oh I'm no expert haha, Brian did all the work. No way in hell I would have figured that out on my own.

Duncan

Hello Fellow Alta-ites,

I have a similar problem with my 2018 EX Serial # 54.
Fast charger gives an error "STOPPED 103" on display if I try charging when battery is above 75% capacity.
Thus I must get the bar graph below 75% for charging to initiate, then charges 100%.
But last time I charged it did a STOPPED 103 when it reached 75% capacity.
Have never updated software.
Looking forward to getting together soon with Alta Technician Maestro Superlative "One Lapper" to tackle and will report back...

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
:lurker:
Sounds like you know what's causing the issue, and how to take care of it. Hope you didn't discover a new problem, good luck and let us know how it turns out.