1000 Miles On The EXR Today

enjoythesilenc

I took mine off just to keep them from getting scratched. I wonder if they are functional, though.

A really fast rider needs to ride with one of them removed and use an infrared gun to see if the frame is warmer on the side missing the shroud.

evh1

Thinking also on trimming the ribs of the side panels off at an aggressive angle leaving the side of the frame exposed, as it’s a softer contour. Also, sticking a stomp pad over the frame holes (that could be perforated as needed). If not familiar with stomp pads, we used them on the sides of road racing bikes to provide extra grip for our knees o the sides of the tanks. They are easily replaced if they wear off or get pulled off by knees, mid, water etc. Arrows on panels show plastic support blocks that make the panel support on the frame and the rest of the rib non supporting if cut away yThoughts?
This may be after I try Trialsmans idea of flattening out the ribs with a heat gun.

0E17CE5A-E19E-4960-9F27-A84D792D1E6B.jpeg

B369B1FD-036F-41DE-9036-2BBE0B8A561C.jpeg

Oded

Regarding the half throttle, basically you just cut the throttle body shorter - I left the throttle on the bike and cut it using a pipe cutter (round and round until you get through and it makes a nice even cut)

Then you install a new grip - thin one on the throttle and a thick one for the rest.

Once you get used to this you really can’t go back - you will whiskey throttle all the time with a full length throttle

View attachment 5343

Any new insights about the half throttle mod?
Easy to ride with two fingers on tne brake lever?

Had some whiskey throttle incidents, and this may be a good solution

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I'm curious on the throttle modification as well.

I would like to try it but hate to use up one of the two throttle assemblies!