100 or 110 rear?

Fog 25

If you want more fender rub than the 110 is your tire. Most 110s or half an inch larger in diameter. Check the dimensions of the tires that you’re planning on using.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I'm about 187lbs without gear and a Vet Intermediate. I'm currently running a 6.4kg/mm rear spring with 98mm of race sag and 165psi in the forks. The compression stack in my shock is slightly modified to add about 10% compression damping over stock. I plan on going a little stiffer in both the compression and rebound stacks on the shock. The forks are underdamped for me as well. I plan on increasing the compression and rebound damping so that i can run slightly lower pressure (160-163) for small bump compliance.

Gearing - I raced with the stock gearing (12/53) at Glen Helen and it was no problem. Was hitting 60+ mph down the start straight. That said, I just went down to a 52 tooth rear because i didn't feel like special ordering a 53T from Dirt Tricks, and it definitely smooths out the power. I'd say if you find yourself fighting for traction a lot in map 4, gear the bike down a bit. For serious motocross, i would not suggest going below a 4.0 final drive ratio. If you are on a tighter track, you'll miss that grunt the stock gearing gives you. I ran the 12/52 in supercross and wish i had stuck with the 53T in hindsight. So stick with 12/48-53 or 13/52-53 is my suggestion.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
As it states, what are your thoughts on choosing the rear tire size? Expecially for MXR used for motocross!
Im not riding moto, and I have a 120 on my bike, which has an 18" rim. My next tire will probably be a 110.