“Factory” bar mounts

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Those are really nice. What kind of equipment do you have available to make those parts? Looks like a nice CNC machine at least.

Brillie35

Make Alta Great Again
Would you be interested in selling these? I would be interested in buying for the right price.

I would be. But I don't know if its that good of a deal with shipping from the Netherlands.
Shipping alone would be around 50€.
A rough estimate for the kit would be around 100€.
I know exactly when i finished mine.

But i would also have no problem giving back to the Alta community by releasing the CAD files.
If you got contacts in sheet metal fabrication i can send a dwg file of the flat pattern of the skidplate.
So they can lasercut it. And then bend it.
And the mounting brackets you could probably 3D print yourself.
We make them CNC from Aluminium, but if you do a nut insert plastic would be ok too.

For reference only cutting the aluminium plate (4mm) without bending cost around 20€ overhere.

nut insert.png

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
No problem, maybe @Philip could join in on what is the best way to add these files to the forum.
Certainly! Thank you for offering to share your work with the forum.

Uploading small CAD files -- ZIP them and upload them as ZIP files.

Uploading LARGE CAD files -- Save them to your Google Drive and then share the link to them. The file size is limited by your Google Drive -- 100 GB.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I would be. But I don't know if its that good of a deal with shipping from the Netherlands.
Shipping alone would be around 50€.
A rough estimate for the kit would be around 100€.
I know exactly when i finished mine.

But i would also have no problem giving back to the Alta community by releasing the CAD files.
If you got contacts in sheet metal fabrication i can send a dwg file of the flat pattern of the skidplate.
So they can lasercut it. And then bend it.
And the mounting brackets you could probably 3D print yourself.
We make them CNC from Aluminium, but if you do a nut insert plastic would be ok too.

For reference only cutting the aluminium plate (4mm) without bending cost around 20€ overhere.

View attachment 3824

Thoughts on adding wings to the rear section to act as footpeg protectors?

Brillie35

Make Alta Great Again
Thoughts on adding wings to the rear section to act as footpeg protectors?

I did take a quick look, but with the space needed for the rear brake pedal, I think it would be better to make seperate plates that mount on the footpeg brackets.
Are you looking to protect the hinges against mud?
Or the whole footpeg against rocks?

Yuppiekleine

I would like to buy a skidplate as soon as you are ready for production, maybe more, will ask some of the other Alta riders I know here in Germany.

Yuppiekleine

Made some new higher bar mounts today for mine and @Brillie35 ‘s bikes

Engraved the Alta and MXR logo in it to keep the Alta dream alive!:ricky:

View attachment 3385

View attachment 3386
Nice work. 👍
But I have some questions regarding the mounts: did you make them for enduro or mx?
I know many enduro riders who prefer a higher handlebar position because it makes riding in a more upright position more comfortable.
Some mx riders mentioned that you have less grip on the frontwheel with higher positioned bars. I am also a very tall rider (nearly 2m) and always Mount at least a high pro taper, higher bar mounts or sometimes both.
What is your experience with the mounts and in which way did it change the handling of your Alta?

GummyBear22

Nice work. 👍
But I have some questions regarding the mounts: did you make them for enduro or mx?
I know many enduro riders who prefer a higher handlebar position because it makes riding in a more upright position more comfortable.
Some mx riders mentioned that you have less grip on the frontwheel with higher positioned bars. I am also a very tall rider (nearly 2m) and always Mount at least a high pro taper, higher bar mounts or sometimes both.
What is your experience with the mounts and in which way did it change the handling of your Alta?

I made these higher mounts mainly because the stock bars are quite low. Right now I have the stock handlebar mounted on these higher mounts but came to the conclusion I really don't like the bend of the stock bars. So planning on swapping this one for a Renthal or ProTaper that suits me better.

I'm even taller then you and always change bars or mount higher barmounts. In my opinion it's a must if you're a tall guy. It makes the bike much more comfortable.

Right now on the Alta, they are in the perfect position when standing up. But are too high when sitting down/cornering. I still need to fill up the seat to fix that.
Also find it hard to squeeze the bike with my legs while standing up, mainly because the bike is quite narrow in the middle to back section due to the lack of an airbox.